IARC supports #AOS2020
IARC is working together with a team from around the circumpolar north to make this year’s Arctic Observing Summit a success as it moves 100% online. AOS, which takes place March 30 to April 2, is a biennial summit held in conjunction with Arctic Science Summit Week.
Anyone in the Arctic observing community interested in exchanging ideas and developing ways to collaborate, share and improve international Arctic observing is encouraged to participate.
The 2020 AOS theme is “Observing for Action.” The agenda for the summit consists of plenary and breakout sessions centered around the following working groups:
- Design, optimization and implementation of the observing system
- Observing in support of adaptation and mitigation
- Observing in support of Indigenous food security and related needs
- Data interoperability and federated search
- Arctic observations in the context of global observing initiatives
Events and working group activities will be held primarily on the Zoom platform, with video recordings of selected sessions. Registration is currently open, with suggested fees to cover the cost of transitioning to an online conference.
Learn more about this exciting meeting and novel format on the AOS 2020 agenda website aos2020agenda.org or follow along on twitter @arcticchange1.