UAF Events Policy
February 2021—This policy reflects CDC recommendations and State of Alaska pandemic reopening policies. As such, it defines the types of events UAF will allow and who will approve them.
Please review the UAF Events Policy before reserving a room for your event.
Conference room policy
You must have a valid University of Alaska (UA) email address (email address ending in "@alaska.edu") to reserve a room. We do not offer rooms for classes, social events, receptions, or vendors.
Groups must be:
- Within the UA system: UA faculty, staff, and students only
- IARC-related scientific workshops and events
You are responsible for your own equipment setup, catering, and room arrangements.
- Do not remove furniture or equipment from rooms. You are responsible for damages to equipment or furniture.
- During your event, please keep room doors closed to avoid disturbing others in nearby offices.
- After your event, please:
- Return furniture to original arrangements.
- Leave room clean and ready for the next user.
- Turn off the lights. Thank you!
Reservations, changes, and cancellations
Reservation hours: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm, M-F. Please contact us about setup and break-down work that may occur outside these hours.
Room demand is high. Notify us as soon as possible if you need to change or cancel a reservation.
The IARC Director reserves the right to reschedule any event to an alternate room if one is available. This rarely happens, but if it does, we will notify you immediately.
Reserve a room or the IARC Lobby
You must have a valid University of Alaska (UA) email address (email address ending in "@alaska.edu") to see the form at right and reserve any room, including the IARC Lobby.
Don't see a form? Try this link.
What happens after I complete the request form?
Upon submission, your request will be reviewed. You will then receive an email confirmation.
It make take up to two business days for your request to be reviewed and processed.