IARC Data Archive
Improves access to, use of, and archival of Arctic climate change data and information. Go to archive
Downscaled climate data
The Scenarios Network for Alaska + Arctic Planning (SNAP) produces downscaled, historical and projected climate data for sub-Arctic and Arctic regions of Alaska and Canada.
- Downscaled projected data come from one of 5 top ranked global circulation models or are calculated as a 5-model average.
- Climate datasets include daily, monthly, and derived products (e.g., monthly decadal averages, specific seasonal averages).
- Learn more about what's available, usage and citation guides, and more
Monitors & Webcams
Utqiaġvik (Barrow) Sea Ice Radar
The Sea Ice Group at the UAF Geophysical Institute operates and maintains radar up to 5 mi (8 km) off Utqiaġvik.
- Current radar image, plus recent, daily, 3-day, and 10-day animations of sea ice off Utqiagvik
- Georeferenced images (GeoTIF format) for use in GIS
Next-Generation Ecosystem Experiments (NGEE)
Poker Flat Research Range
Poker Flat Research Range Super-Site data charts provide real-time air and soil temperatures, dew point, humidity, wind speed, snow depth, precipitation, barometric pressure, and more. This site is located 30 miles north of Fairbanks.
Seward Peninsula Weather Stations provide real-time data of weather and hydrology sites in the Bering Strait region. Data include temperature, humidity, wind speed, wind direction, and more. Historical data also available for some sites.
UAF North Campus
UAF North Campus Site data charts provide real-time air temperature, relative humidity, wind speed, wind direction and more. Located east of Smith Lake.