- This event has passed.
Los Alamos/UAF Collaboration Meet & Greet
Aug 11, 2021 at 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm
UAF and Los Alamos National Lab are hosting a joint meet and greet to strengthen relationships and build collaborations across our institutions. All UAF and LANL researchers and students are welcome to join the 90-minute online event.
In early 2021, UAF and Los Alamos National Lab established an institutional agreement to retain and recruit science and engineering staff and students and to enhance the academic culture at both institutions. The initial focus of the collaboration is space and Earth sciences, including space physics & upper atmosphere, geophysics & energy, climate & environment, health & biomedicine, security.
This meet and greet is designed to generate ideas and help build potential collaborations around joint research, collaborations on future funding proposals, and exchange of faculty/researchers and students.
(1) Brief introduction to Los Alamos National Lab & UAF
(2) Mechanics of the institutional agreement: Joint appointments, joint management team
(3) Perspectives from LANL& UAF on specific opportunities
(4) Institutional agreement in action: highlights from a current joint appointment
(5) Breakout sessions. Participants are encouraged to bring collaborative project ideas. For those ideas, please bring 1-slide, and prepare a 1-minute perspective to share in one of the following categories.
- Space physics/upper atmosphere
- Geophysics & energy
- Climate & environment
- Health & biomedicine
(6) Reconvene & share insights from discussion sessions & next steps