For IARC Employees
Welcome! We're glad you're here.
The faculty, staff, and students of the International Arctic Research Center are pleased to welcome you to Fairbanks.
Our work relies on partnerships: IARC maintains strong collaborative ties with researchers throughout the United States, as well as with over a dozen countries. Collaboration also happens here on campus, as we all work together in many capacities to support those facing rapid Arctic change.
We hope you find these resources helpful as you navigate professional life here. Again, welcome.
Hajo Eicken, Director, UAF International Arctic Research Center
Statement on Diversity and Inclusivity
The International Arctic Research Center (IARC) is committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms. We define diversity as the presence of people with different backgrounds, races, nationalities, genders, sexual orientations, beliefs, religions, marital status, and socio-economic status in our organization; and inclusivity as an approach where we respect, welcome, encourage, and engage diverse perspectives.
At IARC, we value a culture of inclusion that leverages the research, educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engages all individuals to help each thrive. Our strength and success as a research institute and university are built on the foundation of a wide range of perspectives and experiences. Diversity and inclusivity are our core strengths and are essential elements of IARC’s research, outreach, and public service.
- We will foster and maintain a safe environment of respect and inclusion for faculty, staff, students, and members of the communities we serve.
- We will provide our faculty, staff, and students with ongoing education programs and an environment that reflects the diversity of our community and those with whom we interact, thereby elevating cultural awareness.
- We will ensure fair and inclusive policies and practices, including access to our facilities, programs, resources, and services.
- We will advance and build our workforce by evaluating hiring practices and performance review procedures to attract, retain, and develop talented faculty, staff, and students from diverse backgrounds.
- We are committed to addressing intergroup disparities in areas such as representation, retention and advancement.
- As individuals, we will respect personal differences and demonstrate diligence in understanding how other perspectives, behaviors, and worldviews differ from our own.
- As an institution, we will continually challenge ourselves, and others to cultivate a diverse, inclusive, equitable, and respectful environment.